Scottish Sea Kayak Symposium
Date 05/27/2012, 05/28/2012, 05/28/2012, 05/30/2012
|Starting with registration on the Friday evening and following the format of our previous symposia, the 2007 event will offer a variety of interesting activities to choose from at any one time.
We will be developing the programme of activities, however if there is a particular activity you would like included, why not email us and we will try our best to include this.
- Practical sessions and skills clinics: will feature all levels of kayak handling skills, rescues, towing, rolling, navigation and others.
- Lectures and talks: will include wildlife, navigation, weather, tides, maps, and charts, coastal features and night paddling.
- Slide shows: Tour the world from the comfort of your seat with our leading expedition paddlers. There will also be a key note slide presentation on Saturday and Sunday evenings.
- Guided paddle trips: At levels to suit the participants, will be led by experienced coaches backed up by paddlers with local knowledge.
- Saturday night ceilidh: This traditional Scottish gathering follows the keynote lecture. It has established itself as one of the highlights of the weekend with singing, dancing and the company joining in. If you play an instrument please bring it along or if you prefer you can enjoy a drink at the Symposium bar.
- Activities for young children: The "Childrens Symposium." Activities can be organised provided advance notice is given of their attendance. Activities could include kayaking, orienteering etc.